What is Employment Law Attorney doing?
An Employment Law Attorney is a legal professional who specializes in representing employees or employers in matters related to employment law. They handle a wide range of issues such as:
- Discrimination: Helping employees who have been subjected to discrimination based on factors such as race, gender, age, or religion.
- Harassment: Representing employees who have been subjected to harassment in the workplace, including sexual harassment.
- Wrongful termination: Assisting employees who have been wrongfully terminated from their jobs.
- Wage and Hour Disputes: Advocating for employees who have not received proper wages or overtime compensation.
- Contract disputes: Representing employees or employers in disputes related to employment contracts.
- Unemployment benefits: Helping employees who have been wrongly denied unemployment benefits.
Employment Law Attorneys also provide legal advice to employers on compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations, including those related to minimum wage, overtime pay, equal employment opportunity, and workplace safety. They may also assist employers in drafting employment contracts and policies to minimize the risk of legal disputes.